Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Wednesday night’s orienteering on Anchorage’s East side had about fifty participants who orienteered around the beautiful woods between Muldoon neighborhoods and the Chugach mountains. Jen Jolliff won the women’s category on the red course and Peter Oswald won the men’s. A big thanks goes to Agneta Kupilik for volunteering to send participants off onto their courses. Toby Schwoerer organized the event. Also thanks to JBER range control for keeping military land open for public recreation.
White 1 km
1. Annie Luck, 0:36.35;
1. Kim, Roman, and Iris Bakic, 0:34; 2. Rob, Laura, Brooke, and Ally Long, 0:42; 3. Corrie Whitmore, Bard and Erik Crison, 1:11;
1. Cody Priest; 0:28.29; 2. Springer Moore, 0:43.31;
1. Kathy Faryniarz and Joyce Goodell, 0:51.39; 2. Ruth and Henry Kvernplassen, 1:01; 3. Valentya Butsett, Anthony Liebler, and Mathew Rodriguez, 1:23; 4. Taylor Ergstrom, Aaron Hippler, Edward Sanchez, and Kila Heraburg, 1:35.40; 5. Hugh Hanson, Owen Nordstrom, and Mathew Nordstrom, 3:01;
1. Lexi Hill, 1:48.05;
1. Ivan Hodes, 1:43.10; 2. Paul Hanson, 2:35; 3. Andy Olnes, 2:52
1. Brian Derrell, Heidi Borson, and Booker Borson, 1:05.44;
1. Karen Bronga, 1:50.31; 2. Sarah Stanley, 2:59.28;
1. Dom Van Dommelen, 1:34.45; 2. Eric Follett, 1:37.30; 3. Jeremy Crawford, 1:51.10; 4. Steve Gruhn, 1:59.22;
1. Peter Oswald, 1:01.15; 2. Ian Moore, 1:05.33; 3. Patrik Sartz, 1:20.40; 4. Mike Robinson, 1:24.43; 5. Regan Sarwas, 1:28.30; 6. Brian Kirchner, 1:44.05
1. Jen Jolliff, 1:28.15
1. Bill and Penelope Spencer, 1:28.40;
This was the last points race of the season. Check out how you did, and come to the Annual meeting to collect your prize or congratulate the winners.
Please join us for our annual club meeting, final meet of the season and a post season party on Saturday, September 9th for a Traditional Meet at Trailside Elementary School. Check the links for details.
P.S. We would love your feedback! If you have criticisms, praise, suggestions, comments, or whatever – please let us know.