Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Wednesday’s orienteering race was held at Thompson Lake on Fort Richardson and featured intricate terrain and open woods. Cory Smith continued his winning streak on the advanced Red Course with a time of 1:06:33. Dan Billman was second with a time of 1:47:01. The top female competitor was Sarah Stanley on the Green course with a time of 2:42:14. The courses were designed and set by Ian Moore and Jen Jolliff. Thank you to Chris Tomsen who helped make access to the military base go smoothly and provided refreshments for the finish.
Red Course (Advanced, 6-K, 17 controls)
1) Cory Smith, 1:06:33; 2) Daniel Billman, 1:47:01; 3) Bill Johnson, 1:52:35; 4) Regan Sarwas, 2:14:12; 5) Michael Robinson, 2:36:46
1) Julie, Paul, Pete and Roger LaFrance, 1:56:48
Green Course (Advanced, 4-K, 14 controls)
1) Dorn Van Dommelen, 1:43:05; 2) Mark Findlay, 1:45:45; 3) Steven Gruhn, 2:12:22;
1) Sarah Stanley, 2:42:14; Anne Billman, DNF; Dela Grey, DNF
Dave and Diana Evans, DNF
Orange Course (Intermediate, 4-K, 14 controls)
1) Brian Krichner, 1:29:45; 2) Brian Durrell, 1:35:12; Andy Olnes, DNF; Chris Tomsen, DNF; Sean Arnold, DNF
1) Lexi Hill, 2:17:50
1) Vern and Angela Randall, 2:05:25; Giselle Bergeron, DNF; Joyce Goodell, DNF; Kathy Faryniarz, DNF; Rita Norton, DNF
Yellow Course (Beginner-Intermediate, 3-K, 10 controls)
1) Andy Olnes, 1:28:28
Stephanie Kesler, DNF
1) Trudy Keller and Karla Carpenter, 1:57:10; Cassie Stenehjem and Jackson Kincaid, DNF; Rob, Laura, Brooke and Aly Long, DNF
This was a points race. Check out how you stand.
Please join us Wednesday, June 7th for a Traditional Meet at Bartlett. There will also be beginner training on how to use a compass and an advanced training compass exercise. Check the links for details.
P.S. We would love your feedback! If you have criticisms, praise, suggestions, comments, or whatever – please let us know.