Board Meeting Minutes from 4/1/15

Arctic Orienteering Club
Board Meeting: Wed, April 1st, 2015, 7-9 pm

Meeting called to order at 7:10 pm.
Members present: Trond Jensen, Joyce Goodell, Lexi Hill, Chris Tomsen, Kathy Farnyiarz, Regan Sarwas, Art Harman, Lia Keller, Della Grey, Mike Robinson, Dan Billman, Anne Billman, Ian Moore

  1. Financial overview, Dan Billman: Club has $1500 in checking, $20,000 in savings. Dan will put numbers together regarding income and expenditures.
  2. Fee Structure: If we change the membership fees, we will vote on it at the annual meeting. Healthy futures again donated $1000 so all kids can “O” free. It was suggested that we add to the yearly form, a line for “donations” for things like the “mapping fund”. Regan agreed to change the form.
  3. Implementing the “bring a buddy” system. We now have cards printed up to hand out to individuals for “1st time Free”. We also will award club members who bring new people one ticket per new person. At the end of the season, we will have a drawing for a free season pass from the bucket of tickets collected. Tickets are in the meet box.
  4. Promo materials: We have “free for first time” cards to hand out, and also nice compact schedules of all our meets to distribute to the public, from Mike.
  5. Training schedule, Anne: One meet director training was at Billmans’ on April 22. A beginner training for Intro to Orienteering was put on by Anne before the 4-29 meet, and was well attended. More training meets scheduled: 5-20; 5-27; 6-17; 7-8; 8-5. All are Intro to Orienteering, except the 5-27 training, which is “Using a Compass”.
  6. SAR procedure: it was passed out at meeting, we will take suggestions.
  7. JBER/iSportsman pass is now $10 a season. Chris will verify where iSportsman passes are necessary.
  8. Misplaced or Missing controls, Trond: If the meet director knows ahead of time or starts getting reports of a M/M control, they will tell participants who start thereafter that there is a problem. If possible, send someone out ASAP to fix it. Still record times of finishers, null the results for season standings.
  9. FNBP: No reports. On 6/5 and 6/6 Lexi and Dela will help with the Girl Scout Encampment.
  10. AOB: Discussion of things like Pub run, O-scavanger hunt, Lia will ask for volunteers. Do something, possibly in June, on a week with no meets.
  11. Next Board Meeting August 4th, venue possibly Billmans.

Meeting adjourned at 9:12pm.

Minutes respectfully submitted by Joyce Goodell, Secretary.

Minutes also available as MS Word and PDF